Courtyard of Nuremberg Academy
Four-storey sandstone building erected in 1892–1897 according to plans drawn up by Theodor von Kramer, modelled on the castle architecture of the Italian late Renaissance. The courtyard (16 metres wide and 30 metres long) is paved with medium-size stones. The façades are five floors high, and there are four big climbing plants on the western wall.
There are five wooden benches. The courtyard is open to the sky, apart from almost transparent netting against pigeons. There are three possible means of access to the courtyard from the house. In the centre, larger paving stones, water runnels, four medium size trees and a fountain/art object form a further rectangle. Two glass shafts linking the five floors are particularly conspicuous in this beautiful and quiet area and may be used (sound and light).
Installations in the lifts must take into account that people with severe disabilities (possibly with wheel chairs) must still be able to use the lifts.
The small balcony overlooking the courtyard (3rd floor) could possibly also be included.
Power Supply: CEE 16 A, SCHUKO-type German standard electrical socket available
Access to building during Blue Night: via the main entrance from Gewerbemuseumsplatz or the side entrance from Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz.
Proprietor: Nürnberger Versicherungsgruppe (insurance), main user: City of Nuremberg Adult Education Centre, Education Campus